Ask The Attorney

Frequently Asked Questions

After getting a judgment in a district justice court, when may a landlord request an order for possession?

After the 10th day following the entry of judgment. The sheriff or constable must then serve the order for possession within 48 hours.

What can my credit card company do if I fail to pay my bill?

The credit card company’s rights are set out in the fine print in your credit card contract. Generally, the credit card company has the right to sue you to recover past due amounts. As a practical matter, however, they usually undertake collection efforts prior to filing suit, such as calling you at home or sending you letters in the mail. The collection efforts typically escalate as the debt gets older. Another step they can take is to cancel your card, which denies you any further credit from that company. All these efforts can harm your credit rating, which could make it more difficult for you to obtain credit in the future.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

  1. MMHA – Business Exchange 2020

    August 12 @ 2:30 pm - 7:00 pm
  2. MMHA – Human Resources: Everything You Wanted to Know

    August 26 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
  3. DAA – Golf Outing

    September 10 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
  4. MMHA – How to Provide an Effective Performance Review

    September 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
  5. DAA – General Membership Meeting

    September 16 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm